Date of Post: 11 Sep, 2018
Hyderabad: Chief Secretary Dr.S K Joshi and MD, HMRL Mr.NVS Reddy Performing Bhoomi Pooja (Ground Breaking Ceremony) for the Multilevel parking project at Nampally on 08-09-2018.
About the Multi Level parking:
Automated Multi Level Parking (MLP), Nampally
- India’s most sophisticated automated Multi Level Parking (MLP) system is being developed near Nampally Metro station in Hyderabad in PPP mode by HMRL.
- Twice tenders were floated but no proper bids were received. Third time two firms participated and a JV of Bhari Infra Pvt Ltd and RCM Infrastructure Ltd has become successful in the bid process and got the project.
- Bhoomi Pooja (Ground Breaking Ceremony) was performed for this project by the Chairman, HMRL and Chief Secretary to Government Dr.S.K.Joshi and HMRL MD Mr.NVS Reddy on 08-09-2018 at Nampally, Hyderabad.
- It will be developed in a half acre land (2,000 sq.m) belonging to HMRL by the private sector Concessionaire with an investment of about Rs.55 to Rs.60 crore.
- An ultra-modern building with prefab technology consisting of 15 floors (including 3 cellars) will be constructed by the Concessionaire. Ten floors (65% of the built up area) will be used for parking and 5 floors (35% of the built up area) will be used for commercial space.
Salient features of Nampally MLP (Multi Level Parking)
- NOVUM – the proposed fully-automatic multi-level car parking complex at Nampally will be developed by the Joint Venture of BHARI Infra Pvt Ltd and RCM Infrastructure Ltd. It will be equipped with PALIS Parking System from Germany. PALIS is a State-of-the-Art, reliable and efficient Parking System with most advanced features and is also one of the most expensive parking systems in the world.
- NOVUM will provide an efficient and convenient automatic parking facility for 250 cars in 3 basements and 7 above ground floors and also accommodates parking of more than 100 two-wheelers manually.
- From drop-off area, a vehicle to be parked in the complex will be guided to entry gate of the Parking System. At the entry gate 360 degree images along with number plate of the vehicle will be captured and stored to resolve disputes, if any, at the exit. A smart card will be given to user for parking as well as retrieving cars. For regular users, RFIDs will be provided for barrier free parking. Elaborate signage will guide users to the assigned I/O Terminals.
- Swiping the smart card opens the gate of I/O terminal and the user can conveniently park the car in the I/O terminal.
- PALIS I/O terminals are fully enclosed, safe, well lit, airconditioned and are very elaborate. They are very spacious and measure 6 metre by 7.2 metre. They are fitted with a large turntable of diameter 5.5 meter.
- After parking the car on the turn table, user comes out of the I/O terminal and can complete the parking operation by swiping the smart card and walk away.
- Series of sensors in I/O terminal will scan the vehicle, and based on the dimensions the parking system will automatically classify the car into SUV or Sedan for parking at the designated bay on an appropriate floor.
- The Parking System turns the car without any human intervention and orients it to be picked by the parking system.
- The shuttle of the transporter smartly picks up the car – by lifting the car tyres by couple of inches – and brings it onto Transporter. Parking System dose not touch any other part of the car body; therefore, cars are safe in the complex.
- Retrieval of the car is facilitated by the same smart card.
- For retrieving the car, user will first pay parking fee in an air-conditioned Point-of-Sale office.
- Retrieval of car starts immediately.
- PALIS always delivers car in such a way that the user can simply drive out
of the I/O terminal or Exit Boxes without reversing the car.
- PALIS system provides for 100% redundancy – which means, even if half the system is shut down, the entire parking system still works but with lesser efficiency.
- NOVUM will be equipped with state-of-the-art ventilation, smoke/heat detection and fire-fighting systems, like, automatic sprinkler systems.
Other features of NOVUM
- NOVUM will tap full potential of the site for solar and wind energy
- For optimal utilisation of energy, all lighting will be by energy efficient LED lights.
- At NOVUM, Parking and retrieval of cars is as easy as pressing a touch screen on a smartphone, in contrast to present chaotic surface parking and manual multi-level car parks.
- The process of parking at NOVUM would be very exciting and many people may come to see what it looks like. NOVUM, therefore, will have a deck at the top floor for people to see parking operations and get a feel of the parking complex.
- Fully automatic parking complexes, like NOVUM, if fully integrated with metros and other public transportation modes, can substantially address future transportation needs of Hyderabad and other urban centres in Telangana State.
- This project will cost about rupees 55 to 60 crores and will be completed in about 9 months. This investment would be recovered by leasing out of commercial area provided across five floors.
Speaking on the occasion, Chief Secretary Dr.Joshi congratulated the Concessionaire Dr.Harikishan Reddy, a technocrat entrepreneur hailing from Telangana with business activity in Delhi and his wife and CEO Ms Bhavana Reddy for bringing state-of-the-art parking technology to Hyderabad for the first time in India and advised them to complete the project in the targeted time of 9 months, which will be a record for a 15 storeyed parking complex. He further stated that as desired by the Chief Minister Mr.K.Chandrasekhar Rao, the first automated MLP is being developed at Nampally area to usher in new developmental activities in the old city.
MD, HMRL Mr.NVS Reddy stated that Nampally MLP is the first of over 40 MLPs being developed on government sites belonging to different organisations in PPP mode with HMRL as a nodal agency as per the directives of Municipal Minister Mr.K.T.Rama Rao. RfP (Request for Proposal) is under preparation for inviting bids for the remaining MLPs with emphasis on latest automated parking technologies and making them hubs of activity with several facilities, he added.
MLC Mr.Paturi Sudhakar Reddy also attended the function as a relation of the Concessionaire Mr.Harikishan Reddy.
To know more about recent developments of Hyderabad Metro-
05 Sep, 2018 : Hyderabad Metro Rail Patronage Touches 20 Million
Source: Hyderabad Metro Rail