Date of Post: 19 June, 2018
Hyderabad: Chief Electrical Inspector to Government of India (CEIG) DVS Raju inspected the Overhead Electric Traction System (OETS) between Punjagutta & LB Nagar Metro stations on Monday. He also accorded sanction for energisation of the OETS.
- The traction system is fed from the Receiving Substation (RSS) of the Hyderabad Metro Rail at the Mahatma Gandhi Bus Station.
- Incoming supply to this substation is drawn from the main substation of TS TRANSCO.
- Energisation of the OETS would facilitate movement of trains for trial runs from Ameerpet to LB Nagar (Stage 5) and thus connect the entire Corridor-I from Miyapur to LB Nagar, after conducting the inspection, DVS Raju said.
- The trial runs would begin in a few days, a senior Metro official said.
- LTMRHL MD and CEO KVB Reddy said,“This is an important milestone for Corridor I. We are thankful to the CEIG for inspecting and approving stage Ameerpet- LB Nagar energisation from Punjagutta to LB Nagar.”
- This would enable LTMRHL to test other systems of the Metro Rail and thereby start trial runs as per its commitment to complete all statutory requirements, he also said.
Image Credit: Hyderabad Metro
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .