Date of Post: 11 July, 2018
Hyderabad: Bids have been finalised to develop the integrated smart parking management system at the 24 Metro rail stations on PPP (Private-Public Partnership mode) in the operational 30-km stretch between Miyapur-Nagole , Hyderabad Metro Rail Limited (HMRL) said.
HMRL managing director NVS Reddy said in a press release,”While three companies have placed their bids, Zruti Solutions, in technical collaboration with Agile Parking Solutions Pvt Ltd, a company with international smart parking experience, got selected as the licencee.”
- Reddy said, Zruti Solutions would invest around Rs 8 crore and create ‘on-street smart parking facilities’ at the stations, maintain & operate them and would also pay HMRL a sum of over Rs 7 crore as licence fee over a 20 year period.
- Under the brand name ‘Park Hyderabad,’ the Integrated Smart Parking System would be based on a comprehensive digital solution, which would handle the entire gamut of parking issues without much human intervention.
- Reddy said,”It will have a citizen mobile app which provides real-time information from all the on-street smart parking lots at the Metro stations.”
- Reddy explained, 2-wheeler and 4-wheeler drivers, by using their GPS, can digitally check the availability of their desired parking lot before they travel to any Metro station.
- He said, they can simply use the service through their smartphones and the system would display the available bays to park their vehicles in around 4,000 2-wheeler parking bays and 400 4-wheeler parking bays at the Metro stations.
- The users can then book vacant colour-coded bay numbers and use their allotted parking bays through either electronic payment or cash payment.
Image Credit: Hyderabad Metro
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .