Date of Post: 08 Aug, 2018
Hyderabad: The Ameerpet-LB Nagar section of Hyderabad Metro Rail is expected to be opened to public in the first week of September. All the works, including testing and commissioning activities have already been completed and trial runs have begun.
- The “application to CMRS has been submitted on July 31 and the Independent Safety Assessor (ISA), Halcrow (U.K.) is currently doing safety assessment of the signalling system,” Chief Executive Officer and MD K.V.B. Reddy informed.
- The CMRS will be inspecting the section, which will complete Corridor One or the Red Line from Miyapur to L.B. Nagar, on receipt of the ISA Certificate.
- Reddy said,“We are confident after the Ameerpet-LB Nagar line becomes operational, the public at large will choose this comfortable, safe, time-saving and environment-friendly mode of transport to their advantage.”
- Yesterday, Hyderabad Metro Rail recorded new high in patronage by carrying around 1.5 lakh passengers on a single day as against the earlier record of around 92,000 commuters.
- 580 trips were made as against the daily 520.
- Another significant move is shift from the use of tokens to smart cards that have gone up by 50%.