Date of Post: 19 Sep, 2018
Hyderabad: The 16 km long Ameerpet-LB Nagar stretch of Hyderabad Metro which was due for safety clearance has got a conditional nod for the launch.
Already, all other safety clearance documents pertaining to metro civil structures, tracks, electrical systems etc. have been obtained.
The CMRS recently conducted inspections on the Ameerpet-LB Nagar route.
- A senior official said that the CMRS clearance has been received minor conditions which have to be addressed 48 hours (2 days) before the launch of commercial operations.
- During the inspection, the CMRS tested different aspects of the route especially the CBTC signalling system.
- The CBTC needed extensive checking and testing before getting clearance.
- The safety Directorate of Thales, the signalling supplier for Hyderabad Metro along with Halcrow from the UK, which is an independent safety Assessor (ISA), had checked the test results in different scenarios.
- It had also analysed the safety case from different view points of the CBTC signalling system of Ameerpet-LB Nagar Route Of corridor-1 (Miyapur-LB Nagar).
- The services on the Ameerpet-LB Nagar route of Hyderabad Metro would be launched by next week, IT Minister KT Rama Rao also announced On Sunday.
- However, CMRS clearance was still awaited, HMRL Managing Director NVS Reddy said.
To know more about recent developments of Hyderabad Metro-
05 Sep, 2018 : Hyderabad Metro Rail Patronage Touches 20 Million
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .