Date of Date: 28 Nov, 2018
Hyderabad: The Ameerpet to Hitech City stretch of Hyderabad Metro Rail will be operational by December this year. A senior official said, metro rail works is going as per schedule and before the end of December this year we will start the Ameerpet to Hitech City line.
- DVS Raju, Chief Electrical Inspector (CEIG), Government of India, for Hyderabad Metro Rail, conducted the statutory inspection of Overhead Electric Traction System (OETS) between Ameerpet and Hitech City.
- According to a press release, the traction system is fed from the 132kV/25kV Receiving Substation (RSS) of the Hyderabad Metro Rail at Yousufguda and Uppal.
- The incoming supply to this RSS is drawn from 220kV/132kV main substation of TS TRANSCO.
- The energisation of the OETS will facilitate movement of trains for trial runs from Ameerpet to Hitech City.
- This will also enable testing of various systems of the Hyderabad Metro Rail.
- L&T Metro Rail is moving ahead to complete all statutory requirements on the Ameerpet to Hitech City stretch at the earliest to make the system ready for commissioning and inauguration.
- This will facilitate complete connectivity between high dense corridor of Nagole to Hitec City.
- After the opening of a 16-km stretch from Ameerpet to LB Nagar in September this year, Hyderabad Metro Rail is covering 46 km and has become India’s 2nd largest Metro Rail network, next only to Delhi.
To know more about recent developments of Hyderabad Metro–
16 Nov, 2018: Hyderabad Metro carries 30 million commuters in 351 days
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .