Date of Post: 06 Nov, 2018
Hyderabad: A 10 km metro rail stretch from Ameerpet to Hi-Tec City will be open by December end this year. HMRL (Hyderabad Metro Rail Limited) Managing Director NVS Reddy said, “Metro works progress is pretty good and it is going as per schedule and before the end of December this year we will start the Ameerpet to Hi-Tec City line.”
- After the operationalisation of a 16-km stretch of Hyderabad Metro Rail from Ameerpet to LB Nagar in September this year, Hyderabad Metro Rail is covering 46 km and has become India’s 2nd largest Metro Rail network, next only to Delhi.
- The Hyderabad Metro Rail project has been adjudged the “Best Urban Mass Transit Project” by the Centre, Reddy said.
- The award of Excellence was given to him and L&T Metro Rail (Hyderabad) Limited MD KVB Reddy jointly at the time of the Urban Mobility India Conference, which was held in Nagpur on Sunday.
- According to NVS Reddy, the Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry has appreciated the “unique” features of Hyderabad Metro project and said it was an outstanding project with lot of engineering and financial innovations.
- “Hyderabad Metro Rail has emerged as a successful example of Public-Private Partnership initiative. It is an urban redesign and rejuvenation effort to transform the city into a people-friendly green environment. Robust structural design, land pooling and other modes of revenue generation are other noteworthy features of the project, reads the citation of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs,” he also said.
- Reddy said, after the launch of metro services to the Hi-Tec City station, monthly passes will be introduced and some concessions are also provided for the convenience of passengers.
To know more about recent developments of Hyderabad Metro –
02 Nov, 2018 : Hyderabad Metro Receives IGBC Green MRTS ‘Platinum’ Award
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .