Date of Post: 26 Sep, 2018
After Delhi Metro , Hyderabad Metro is now the nation’s second largest Metro Rail network with 46 km in operation.
Further Details :
- Phase-1 of Hyderabad Metro Rail project, covering 66 km, would be completed by next year .
- The Ameerpet-Hi-Tec City 10 km line will be open from December while services on remaining 10 km between Jubilee Bus Station and MGBS will be launched mid-2019 .
- The concessionaire L&T Metro Rail (Hyderabad) Limited, building the project across three corridors,has spent about Rs 13,000 crore so far, while the government has chipped in with another Rs 2,300 crore in tune with VGF (Viability Gap Fund) guidelines.
- The Governor of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana E S L Narasimhan, after inaugurating the 16-km stretch of Hyderabad Metro between Ameerpet and L B Nagar Monday, set December this year as the target for completion of Hi-Tec City Metro line.
- Over 2.5 lakh smart cards (used by commuters to travel) have been sold so far .
To know more about recent developments of Hyderabad Metro-
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .