Date of Post: Nov 02, 2018
Hyderabad: Hardeep Singh Puri, Union Minister of State for Housing and Urban Affairs had presented prestigious IGBC (Indian Green Building Council’s) Green MRTS “Platinum” award for Hyderabad Metro Stations i.e. Rasoolpura, Paradise and Prakash Nagar at a grand function at HICC on Nov 1, 2018. The union minister gave the award to HMRL Managing Director NVS Reddy and L&TMRHL MD K. V. B. Reddy jointly.
- IGBC which promotes eco-friendly green building construction in India aiming to reduce carbon emissions, encourages environmental friendly practices is holding the Green building congress 2018 in HICC, Hyderabad from October 31 to November 3.
- The silver, gold and platinum ratings given to the buildings by the IGBC annually in different categories all over the country for following stringent environment norms and reduction of energy consumption.
- IGBC has given Platinum award, 2018, highest category award to Hyderabad Metro Rail stations under Green MRTS.
- NVS Reddy said, speaking on the occasion, “We feel honoured and grateful to receive such an important award in recognition of HMR’s green building initiatives”.
- All the Hyderabad Metro stations have been constructed with natural lighting and ventilation that reduces energy consumption to minimum levels.
- Solar panels are also being installed at all the metro stations for green energy.
- LED lighting fixtures are provided in all Metro stations and trains to reduce energy consumption up to 40%.
- He added, regenerative braking in Metro trains saves up to 35% energy which is fed back into the power system.
To know more about recent developments of Hyderabad Metro –
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .