Date of Post: 25 Oct, 2018
Hyderabad: The Hyderabad Metro and Secunderabad and Kacheguda railway stations will receive the awards for following the green building norms at the 16th Green Building Congress 2018. The award ceremony is to be held in Hyderabad from November 1-3, 2018 at HICC. Andhra Pradesh’s capital, Amaravati, Ahmedabad’s two police stations and a Rajasthan’s village will also receive the awards.
- Mr. C. Shekar Reddy chairman of IGBC Hyderabad Chapter said that these awards are being given for buildings which adopted green building norms between the last Congress in 2017 and the 2018 Congress.
- There are about 200 projects, which will be awarded.
- This annual flagship event will focus on green affordable housing, green cites, green hospitals, green schools, and green landscapes.
- Chief guest at the Congress will be Hardeep Singh Puri, Minister of State (Independent Charge) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India.
- The theme of the Congress is ‘Green built environment for people and the planet.’
- An international exhibition of 150 innovative and futuristic green products and technologies will be on display.
- Over 6.33 billion sq.ft across the country has facilitated India’s position as world number two in terms of the largest registered green building footprint, Mr Reddy of IGBC said.
- He added, the need of the hour is to design and construct green buildings and communicate the benefits of green buildings to various stakeholders.
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .