Date Of Post: 18 Apr, 2018
Hyderabad: L&T Metro Rail Hyderabad has plans to install solar panels at all stations. With works pending on the Corridor-1 (LB Nagar to Miyapur) and Corridor-3 (Nagole to Shilparamam) likely to be completed by September, more stations will be ready to install the solar panels.
- MP Naidu, Project Director, L&T Metro Rail Hyderabad, Corridor-2 from Jubilee Bus Station to MGBS will be ready by next year end.
- He said,“At full capacity, we are looking to generate one MW from solar power. This will be adequate to meet a third of our power needs through renewable energy.”
- The average daily power requirement will be about 3 MW, he added.
- L&T Metro Rail has already installed solar panels at 4 metro stations:
- Survey of India
- Stadium Station
- He said,“We have lot of space at our depots. We will use this space for erecting solar panels,”
- It has 100 acre each in Miyapur & Nagole, he added.
Image Credit: Hyderabad Metro