Date of Post: 05 Sep, 2018
Hyderabad: The patronage of Hyderabad Metro Rail has touched 20 million (passengers), L&T Metro Rail (Hyderabad) Limited on Tuesday announced. L&T Metro Rail (Hyderabad) Limited (LTMRHL) Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer K V B Reddy thanked Hyderabadis for welcoming and embracing Hyderabad Metro Rail services in an “overwhelming” manner.
- He said in a statement,”We have touched this number earlier than expected with only the Nagole-Ameerpet-Miyapur operational stretch, and we are sure that these numbers will increase manifold with the inauguration of Ameerpet-LB Nagar stretch.”
- Last year in November, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had inaugurated a 30 km stretch between Miyapur-Ameerpet-Nagole out of the 72-km long elevated metro project.
- There are 24 Metro stations in the operational 30 km stretch.
- The concessionaire L&T Metro Rail (Hyderabad) Limited is building the Hyderabad Metro Rail project across 3 corridors.
- The first and last mile connectivity measures have significantly improved and there are many options available once one (passenger) deboards the train to reach the destination, according to Reddy.
- He added,”Our endeavour is to consistently improve passenger services. We have recently introduced free water facility for the passengers and also free of cost restrooms usage at all Metro stations. Soon passengers more new facilities will be introduced.”
To know more about recent developments of Hyderabad Metro
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .