Date Of Post: 08 May, 2018
A special coach exclusively for women was introduced in Hyderabad Metro trains today.
Hyderabad Metro Rail Limited (HMRL) Managing Director N V S Reddy and L&T Metro Rail (Hyderabad) Limited MD and CEO K V B Reddy inaugurated the ‘Ladies Special Coach.’
- Works on the 16 km stretch between Ameerpet and L B Nagar of Corridor-I of the 72-km long elevated Hyderabad Metro Rail Project would be completed by July this year, N V S Reddy said.
- “The works on the stretch between Ameerpet and Hitec City will be done by October,” he told reporters.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi had inaugurated the 30 km stretch between Miyapur and Nagole in November last year.
- Reddy said Corridor-I (Miyapur to L B Nagar-29km) and then Corridor-III (Nagole to Hitec city-27km) would be completed by July and October respectively.
- Works were going on in Corridor-II between JBS and MGBS (10 km stretch) and the target is to get the stretch operational by early next year, he said.
- Reacting to a query, the HMRL MD said once the Electric Vehicle (EV) policy is in place, feeder services by electric vehicles would be introduced.
Image Credit: Hyderabad Metro
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .