Date of Post: 09 Nov, 2017
Hyderabad: Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan, along with Municipal Administration Minister K. Tarakarama Rao, Chief Secretary S.P. Singh, HMRL MD N.V.S.Reddy and L&T Metro Rail Chairman S.N. Subrahmanyan, took a test ride of Metro Rail from SR Nagar to Miyapur & inspected the works going on for the project which is scheduled for a launch on November 28.
- He also visited the train stabling & repair arrangements, coach maintenance facilities, among others at Miyapur depot.
- The SR Nagar-Miyapur stretch has been ready since last 8 months & all the specification tests have been carried out and the government clearances have been procured.
- Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan was told by Metro Rail that all street-level facilities will be completed before the inauguration.
- “Street-level facilities at the main station area will be completed at all 24 Metro stations (zone B) before the inauguration. The remaining works at A and C zones will be completed in a couple of months,” Mr N.V.S. Reddy said.
- The Prime Minister’s Office is yet to confirm PM Narendra Modi’s availability to inaugurate the Hyderabad Metro Rail, Mr Rama Rao said.
- “We are ready for the launch any day between November 28 and 30 and are awaiting the confirmation of the PM,” the minister said.