Date of Post: 06 July, 2018
Hyderabad: A task force will soon be appointed towards implementation of common ticketing system for different modes of transport, a top official said.
On Hyderabad Metro Rail’s plans for introducing common ticket & smart cards facility for commuters both in metro rail and RTC buses and other modes of transport, HMRL MD NVS Reddy said “We are working on it. Now a task force is also going to be appointed.”
- Reddy on the sidelines of an event said ,”In fact the target given by Minister for IT and Municipal Administration K T Rama Rao is to come out with a clear scheme within 2 months (in this regard).”
- On the progress of the ongoing 72 km elevated Hyderabad Metro Project, Reddy said “We are on schedule.”
- He said, services on the 16 km stretch between Ameerpet-L B Nagar, would be launched in August followed by Ameerpet and Hitec City (10 km) in October.
Smart Parking System
- On automated smart parking system, Reddy said it has been finalised for 24 metro stations on the Miyapur-Nagole sector.
- “We have got a very good investor for that,” he said.
- Reddy added,”The software is almost getting ready and without human intervention smart parking will be made available initially at 24 metro stations.”
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .