Date of Post: 10 July, 2018
The Hyderabad Metro Rail Limited (HMRL) will develop a “Heritage Precinct” along with continuous and wide footpaths for seamless pedestrian movement on a 5 Km Metro Rail stretch.
HMRL Managing Director NVS Reddy and top officials inspected a stretch between Police Control Room and Rangamahal Junction in Corridor-I, to be developed as a ‘heritage province”, as per the Telangana government’s instructions.
NVS Reddy said “Continuous and wide footpaths for seamless pedestrian movement will be developed in the entire stretch of 5 km, with a distinct heritage theme”.
Various decision has been taken during the inspection:
- Continuous and wide footpath for seamless pedestrian movement.
- Wrought iron railing with birthright look
- Tiles and Stone flooring with typical patterns
- Heritage structures and building reestablishment
- Liberal usage of cobble stones
- Street Furniture and vintage looking electrical fittings intersprinkle with sculptures & art work
- Footpaths will be given a ramp like structure for the amenity of pedestrians at entry & exit point paved with cobble stone in both Government and private buildings.
- The existing rotary opposite Police Control Room will be remodelled circumventing the Metro pillars to allow smooth passage of vehicles without any conflict and the signal post.
- Storm water drains and cross drains will be cobble up along with restoration of existing storm water drains so that it will prevent water stagnation on the main carriage way.
- Public plazas with themes will be constructed with pertinent focus lighting etc. for the grand structures which are presently peaky.
- The Clock Tower which is adjacent to the Police Control Room which is currently not properly visible, will be highlighted by removal of obstacles and restoration of focus lighting.
- 200 mts far Nampally Metro station will be connected with Nampally Railway station with a covered walkway and railing with pure heritage look.
- Passengers will be able to take their luggage in trolleys as in airports.
- Two lane carriage way on each side will be aesthetically developed with cobble stones.
- To regulate haphazard traffics, proper bus bays, auto bays, e-vehicle bays etc. in railway station area, will also be created.
- Chaderghat entry point and parking & circulation area of MGBS station will be glamorize with lots of greenery and high quality public amenities.
- The old glory of Jambagh market integrated with another major restoration work which will be launched in Sultan Bazar and OMC station areas.
- The Metro pillars, portals and walls in Nampally will be decorated with paintings and sculptures reflecting the rich history and culture of Hyderabad and Telangana.
Image credit: Hyderabad Metro