Date of Post: 16 Nov, 2018
Hyderabad: The L&T Metro Rail Hyderabad (L&TMRH) announced on Thursday that Metro had carried 30 million commuters in 351 days. With the 16-km stretch between Ameerpet and LB Nagar opened in September, the Metro Rail has covered 46 km and become the second largest metro network, next only to Delhi, a press statement said.
- The statement said that Hyderabad Metro Rail makes 550 trips covering around 13,000 km daily.
- In November last year, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had inaugurated the 30km stretch between Miyapur and Nagole out of the 72-km-long elevated Metro Rail project, it said.
- Hyderabad Metro Rail has made a significant impact on the commuting behaviour of the people in Hyderabad, said KVB Reddy Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer L&TMRH.
- All efforts were being made to launch services on the Ameerpet-Hitec City route next month, he added.
- The milestone of carrying 30 million commuters was achieved in less than a year of starting the operations.
To know more about recent developments of Hyderabad Metro–
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .