Date Of Post: 21 Apr, 2018
Hyderabad: L&T Metro Rail (Hyderabad) Limited announces increased frequency of Metro Rail services from Today. After checking the functioning of CBTC (Communication Based Train Control) system, the CMRS (Commissioner of Metro Railway Safety) Ram Kripal has issued authorization certificate to adopt CBTC system.
This enables to run trains with increased frequency and speed on Nagole to Ameerpet section of Blue line.
- “This augurs well for Metro Rail commuters and the frequency will be further increased as per demand in future,” Mr. NVS. Reddy, MD, HMRL, Mr. NVS. Reddy, MD, HMRL, stated.
- During peak hours (08:00 hours to 11:00 hours) and (17:00 hours to 20:00 hours) trains will run with a frequency of every 7 minutes.
- During non-peak hours trains will run with a frequency of every 8 minutes on both Red (Miyapur to Ameerpet) and Blue (Nagole to Ameerpet) lines.
- The Red & Blue line trains at Ameerpet Metro station will be synchronized to enable smooth & efficient passenger transfer.
- “We are committed to provide best in class metro rail services to the citizens of Hyderabad and this is a step in that direction. I thank team LTMRHL and its partners, who have worked incessantly to make this happen,” Mr. KVB Reddy, MD & CEO, LTMRHL stated.
Image Credit: LTMRHL