Hyderabad: L&T Metro Rail Hyderabad Ltd, which is developing the metro rail here, has so far spent over Rs 12,000 crore (approx US$ 1869.0 Million) on the project, while the Telangana government has incurred a cost of Rs over 2,000 crore (approx US$ 311.5 Million), a top HMRL official said.
- NVS Reddy, MD of HMRL, implementing agency for the project, said,”L&T has spent over Rs 12,000 crore. We (government) spent Rs 2,100 crore (approx US$ 327.1 Million) from our Rs 3,000 crore commitment. Part of the project is likely to be operational during the current year.”
- The metro rail network will cover a total distance of around 72-km across 3 corridors.
- Authorities had earlier said all 3 metro rail corridors, including the one passing through the old City, would be completed by December 2018.
- Parking and circulation work are going on at 32 out of the total 64 metro rail stations, he said.
- According to Reddy, 400 bike stations with 10,000 bicycles will be set up for the convenience of commuters.
- He said, electric vehicles & feeder buses will also be made available for the passengers to connect inner residential areas to metro stations.
To Find Rail Analysis on Facebook For latest opportunities, news, events and much more
Send your comments, suggestions and tips to email@example.com