Date of Post: 11 Nov, 2017
Hyderabad: The HMRL (Hyderabad Metro Rail Limited) has installed solar panels on the rooftops of four metro stations, to generate solar energy. Among the 24 metro stations on the Miyapur to Nagole stretch, these four stations will be utilising solar energy for various purposes.
The Four Stations Are-
- Uppal Stadium
2,500 Units Of Clean Energy To Be Generated Daily
- Nearly 2,500 units of clean energy will be generated per day through the solar panels installed on the roof tops of the four stations, HMRL authorities informed.
- A senior official of HMR said, however, the energy generated will be utilised only for certain utilities.
HMRL Made Plans For Usage Of Solar Energy
- HMRL had made plans for usage of solar energy from the inception stage of the project.
- For this, they had conducted a survey & identified 54,586 square metres of rooftop area on stations, depots & 33.2 acres on ground in depots.
- This space would facilitate in generating clean & eco-friendly energy to the tune of 15 MW.
Generating Of 20 Million Units Of Clean Energy A Year
- The entire HMR project has the capacity of facilitating generation of 20 million units of clean energy a year.
- This will account for nearly 10% of the total energy requirement of HMR.
- It will aid in reducing the carbon emission by 16,000 tonnes a year compared to the use of conventional energy sources.