Hyderabad: The Hyderabad Metro Rail will provide underground parking facilities at 4 places and a puzzle parking facility at one of the Metro Rail stations in order to cater to the vehicular traffic at the stations.
- Recently, the State govt. has asked the Metro Rail authorities to explore possibilities of going for underground parking facility since there is space constraint at various junctions in the city.
- In a recent convergence meeting of the transport & municipal officials, Municipal Administration & Urban Development Secretary Navin Mittal asked the HMR officials to go for underground parking and wanted a team of officials from HMR and traffic to study whether the parking can be underground.
- However, the underground can be provided at a few places, the Metro Rail authorities said.
- The idea behind any public transport like the Metro Rail is to discourage people from taking their private vehicles and use the public mode of transport, the officials said.
- At 4 places there is a possibility of underground parking in the city, HMR MD NVS Reddy said
- The L&T has been constructing malls at 4 places, he said
- These places would have underground parking facility and the places include Punjagutta, Erramanzil, Madhapur & Moosarambagh.
- The HMR MD said, the Punjagutta mall is in the final stage and remaining 3 are at under-construction level.
- Parking facilities have been identified at 32 locations where multilevel parking is being proposed at 15 locations, NVS Reddy said.
- The puzzle parking system is a unique & automated vehicle parking system where parked vehicles can be moved horizontally & vertically.
- This is a fully automatic independent system, which can be easily configured & customised to any property.
- Once the driver of the vehicle places his car over the platform, the operator presses the button & the car would be placed wherever there is place in the building.
To Find Rail Analysis on Facebook For latest opportunities, news, events and much more
Send your comments, suggestions and tips to firstname.lastname@example.org