Date Of Post: 03 May, 2018
Shimla: Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur called on Union Railways minister Piyush Goyal, on Wednesday, at New Delhi and urged him to increase speed & frequency of trains on Kalka-Shimla railway line. He also held discussion over expansion of railway network in Himachal Pradesh.
- While assuring all possible support to the state, Goyal said, speed & frequency of trains running on Kalka- Shimla railway line will be increased.
- He also assured about efforts to decrease the duration of journey from existing 5 hours to merely 3 hours.
- Goyal directed the officers of the Ministry to work upon this immediately.
- Also, speed of the Joginder Nagar-Pathankot train would also be increased in a similar manner, he said.
- The CM thanked the Union Minister for support and said that this would ease the traffic on the Kalka-Shimla highway and more tourists would prefer to travel by train while enjoying the scenic beauty of the hilly landscape.
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .