Date of Post : 05 Aug, 2017
Mumbai: India will get its first bullet train between Mumbai and Ahmedabad in next 6 years.
The construction of India’s first bullet train project between Mumbai and Ahmedabad will be completed by 2022-2023, Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu said.
- The foundation stone of the project will be laid next month during the official visit of Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe to India, he said.
- India’s PM Narendra Modi will also be present during the occasion of “Bhoomi Poojan”.
- The high-speed train will run at the speed of 320 kmph.
- A 508km long stretch between Mumbai and Ahmedabad will be entirely elevated that will save railways’ from delays like land acquisition.
- The high-speed train will reach Mumbai to Ahmedabad in just 2 hours.