Date of Post : 18 Aug, 2017
New Delhi : In the coming years, Indian Railways will take you from Delhi to Amritsar in just 2 hours via Chandigarh. Railways is planning for a bullet train on this route which will travel at a speed of 300 kmph.
Delhi – Chandigarh – Amritsar at 300 kmph
- Distance : 458 km
- Speed of the Bullet Train : 300 kmph
- Time It Will Take : 2 hours 3 minutes
- Bullet Train Stops in Transit : Panipat, Ambala, Chandigarh and Ludhiana
- The feasibility study for the corridor has been done by Systra.
- The feasibility study report of high-speed rail corridor between Delhi-Chandigarh-Amritsar has been submitted to the Ministry of Railways last year.
- The report has been accepted by the Ministry of Railways and is currently under consideration
Delhi to Chandigarh:
- The distance between Delhi to Chandigarh is 258 kms which will be covered in 1 hour and 12 minutes.
- The base fare of Rs 4.5 per kilometre has been recommended at the 2015 price level, an official said, which means that for the Delhi-Amritsar trip, you will have to shell out a minimum of Rs 2061.
- Estimated Cost : At 2015 price level, the project cost has been estimated at Rs 61,412 crore.
- Time Taken : The project should take anywhere between 6 to 8 years to complete.
- Operations To Start : The study expects the operations to start by 2025.
- Ministry of Railways has set up High Speed Rail Corporation of India (HSRC) to deal with all the proposed high-speed rail corridors.
- The project for India’s first bullet train between Mumbai and Ahmedabad comes under the National High-Speed Rail Corporation (NHSRCL).
Other proposed high-speed rail corridors in India: