Date of Post: 21 Dec, 2017
Mumbai: Work has begun on undersea tunnel of India’s first Bullet Train project between Mumbai & Ahmedabad. National High Speed Rail Corporation Ltd (NHSRCL), which is overseeing the project, aims to complete the undersea tunnel by August 15, 2022, according to Achal Khare, MD, NHSRCL. The tunnel will be constructed 25-40 metres below the seabed, Khare said.
- Khare said,“Work on the tunnel is likely to start next year.”
- Engineers from India & Japan have begun to collect data on the seabed this month & the work will be completed next week.
- A final report is to be submitted by January.
- The 508 km long bullet train will pass through 21 km under the sea.
- The construction cost of the tunnel is estimate to cost around Rs 3500 crore.
Photo: Akihiro Nakamura