Date Of Post: 10 Jan, 2018
Ahmedabad: The state government has begun the process of acquiring land for Mumbai-Ahmedabad bullet train project.
Preliminary Notifications Issued –
- The state Revenue Department has issued preliminary notifications for 45 villages falling within the jurisdiction of Kheda, Anand, Ahmedabad, Valsad & Surat districts and declaring its intention to acquire land for the “public purpose”.
- Sources said, also, the department is preparing to issue similar notifications for 27 more villages.
Image Credit: Japan Rail Pass
Acquisition of Land-
- The land will be acquired under provisions of the Right to Fair Compensation & Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement (Gujarat Amendment) Act, 2016.
- Under the amended Act, the Gujarat government has relaxed some of the stringent provisions of the Act passed by the Centre like mandatory consent of farmers & conducting social impact assessment of the land to ease the acquisition process.
Image Credit: Nanashinodensyaku – Wikimedia Commons
About The Project-
- Last year, in September, the foundation stone for the bullet train project was jointly laid by PM Narendra Modi and Japanese PM Shinzo Abe.
- Japan is providing financial & technical assistance for the bullet train project.
- The estimated cost of the bullet train project is around Rs 1.1 lakh crore.
- The Centre has set up a three-tier system to monitor the bullet train project.
Image Credit: Sukhoi37 – wikipedia