Date Of Post: 14 Apr, 2018
Ahmedabad: Mahatma Gandhi’s Dandi March will be the theme of Sabarmati Station in Ahmedabad, which will be the terminating station of the proposed high-speed rail corridor between Mumbai-Ahmedabad, a senior official said. It would the first bullet train station whose design has been finalised by the NHSRCL (National High Speed Rail Corporation Ltd.).
- The cost of building the station is approximately Rs 250 crore, Achal Khare, Managing Director, NHSRCL, said.
- The station area will have a 3-level parking that can accommodate around 1,500 vehicles, he said.
- While one level will be for cars, another will be for bus and the 3rd will be for autos, thus ensuring seamless travel for passengers.
- While passengers from two metro stations and stations on the Indian Railway network can arrive at Sabarmati passenger terminal hub, they can move to Sabarmati Station via a foot-over-bridge connecting the two buildings, which are 400 metres apart, and board the bullet train from there.
- Khare said,”It will be a state-of-art complex with Dandi March being the theme of the edifice.”
- Roof-top solar panels will be designed resembling a revolving charkha and the terminal will be connected with a 400-metre foot-over-bridge with the platforms.
Image Credit: NHSRCL