Date of Post: 04 Dec, 2017
Mumbai: The Railways has begun acquisition of land for the bullet train project between Mumbai & Ahmedabad. The national transporter require 1,100 hectares of land for constructing the 508 km long high speed rail corridor, for which land acquisition plan has been submitted to the local administration in 12 districts of Maharashtra & Gujarat.
- At least 70% of land has to be acquired before actual construction work begins, a top railway official said.
- A senior railway ministry official said,”Tenders cannot be floated unless 60 to 70 per cent of the land is acquired. As per the Japanese practice, actual construction work can be started only after getting possession of the land. This essentially aims at ensuring uninterrupted work.”
- The prime minister’s office (PMO) was closely monitoring the progress of the project.
- The authorities have been clearly instructed to avoid any delay in the execution of the project.
Land Acquisition Process-
- The alignment of the corridor passes through 9 districts of Gujarat & 3 districts in Maharashtra, for which the details of land acquisition have been submitted to the district administration.
- Officials said, the district administration has been told to begin the land acquisition process at the earliest.
- The process has to be completed by March next year.
- Once the land is acquired, tenders will be floated for the construction of viaducts & other physical works.
Image Credit: blogspot.com