Date of Post: 21 Sep, 2018
New Delhi: The soon-to-be-opened Hazrat Nizamuddin Metro station on the Delhi Metro’s Pink Line is all set to emerge as a major transit hub that would provide direct connectivity with the Nizamuddin railway station as well as the Sarai Kale Khan ISBT (Inter-State Bus Terminus), officials said.
The 59km long Pink Line, part of the Phase-3 of the DMRC network, spans from Majlis Park to Shiv Vihar and all the remaining sections are likely to be opened by September.
- At present, the section from Majlis Park to Lajpat Nagar (interchange with Violet Line) is operational.
- Nizamuddin metro station is located between Lajpat Nagar and Mayur Vihar segment.
- A senior DMRC officials said,”The station will emerge as a major transit hub. It will have dedicated entry/exit points connecting to the Hazrat Nizamuddin railway station and the ISBT at Sarai Kale Khan.”
- One of the entry/exit points will be within a vicinity of 50 m from the Sarai Kale Khan ISBT.
- The DMRC said, another entry/exit will be near the Nizamuddin railway station approximately at a distance of 150 m.
- This station will be a major boost from the point of view of connectivity as both the Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway station and the Sarai Kale Khan ISBT do not have any metro connectivity presently.
About The Station-
- The official said, the station will also be equipped with broad staircases and escalators for the convenience of passengers.
- The famous Indraprasth Park and the upcoming 7 Wonders project will be within walking distance from the Nizamuddin station.
- The metro station will also have drop-off bays near its 3 entry/exit points as per the multi-modal integration (MMI) plan.
- Adequate greening and beautification have been done around the underground station and tabletop pedestrian crossings have been provided on the roads in the vicinity for the movement of the pedestrians.
- The station has also been adorned by 30 artworks which portray the heritage of the nearby area.
- Thematic impressions and ‘jharokhas’ have also been used to beautify the station.
To know more about recent developments of Delhi Metro –
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .