Date of Post: 11 Sep, 2018
Gurugram: Haryana Government is seriously considering the metro extension from Huda City Centre to old Gurugram Railway Station. Earlier, it was to be expanded up to 12.28 km long, but the state Chief Minister Manohar Lal has approved further metro expansion of 9.5 km till Dundahera.
- Finance Minister, Capt Abhimanyu, while replying to a question regarding metro expansion in old Gurugram, said,”The work of its DPR (Detailed Project Report has been assigned to RITES India, which is expected to be complete by December this year.”
- There are plans to explore the metro route through Dundahera, Sector-23 and will then extend towards Dwarka.
- Not only are there plans to extend the operation of Delhi Metro in Gurugram but there are also plans to expand the services of Rapid Metro.
- Owing to the limited connectivity and high costs the Rapid Metro has not been able to get the get the ridership numbers that was being targeted.
- In form of services offered by DMRC, Gurugram is connected through Yellow Line.
- Even though there are only 6 stations in the city there are already lakhs of commuters that use the services of Metro daily to travel to not only Delhi but also areas like Noida.
To know more about recent developments of Gurgaon Metro-
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .