Date Of Post: 14 Feb, 2019
A new rail corridor is being planned between Palwal and Sonipat, parallel to the KMP (Kundli-Manesar-Palwal) Expressway, to ease traffic between Haryana and Delhi, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on Wednesday announced. The chief minister was addressing an outreach event organised by the HRIDC for the stakeholders in Gurugram on Wednesday.
- The “Haryana Orbital Rail Corridor Project” will be connecting all major industrial cities of the state and is likely to cost about Rs 4,100 crore.
- Khattar said, its detailed report is being prepared by the Haryana Rail Infrastructure Development Corporation Ltd (HRIDC).
- The project would be completed in 3 years, he added.
- The proposed rail line would be 130 kms long.
- It will enable direct rail connectivity between Palwal and Sonipat bypassing Delhi and linking Asaoti (on the Delhi-Mathura route), Patli (on the Delhi-Rewari route), Asaudha (on the Delhi-Rohtak route), and Harsana Kalan (on the Delhi-Ambala route) through a new broad gauge rail line.
- The corridor is going to be double line electrified with 25 tonne axle load capacity.
- The project is being developed as a JV (Joint Venture) model and therefore all its stakeholders — Indian Railways, Haryana government, HRIDC, CONCOR, Dedicated Freight Corridor, HSIIDC, Maruti Suzuki, Model Economic Township Limited (formerly Reliance Haryana SEZ Ltd), Allcargo and others — will have to bear its cost, Khattar said.
To know more about recent developments of of Railways –
12 Feb, 2019: Fares of ‘Vande Bharat Express’ Announced
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )