Date of Post: 16 Nov, 2018
Guwahati: Minister of State of Railways, Rajen Gohain laid the Foundation Stone for Re-development Work of Guwahati Railway Station and also inaugurated a lift for passengers at Guwahati Railway station at a public function in Guwahati on 31.10.2018. The General Manager of N. F. Railway, Sanjive Roy, Divisional Railway Manager of Lumding Division Ashish Sharma and other senior railway officials were present at the function.
- As part of the redevelopment works Guwahati station will be given a new look by improvement of circulating area, construction of 12 new retiring rooms, construction of covered walk-way, improvements to passenger amenities and construction of an International Tourist Bureau.
- The station circulating area will be improved and provided with Granite flooring and another escalator will be provided.
- It may be mentioned that re-development of stations through Soft Upgrades is part of Indian Railways plan to bring visible changes in railway stations without piecemeal short-term constructions so that passengers get better amenities and comfort while undertaking journeys.
- The project for redevelopment of Guwahati station will cost about Rs 15 crores.
- Gohain said that a proposal for setting up a Digital Rail Museum at Guwahati station is under active consideration of the Railway Ministry.
- The Minister said that 98% of work for bridge over river Brahmaputra at Bogibeel near Dibrugarh has been completed and the bridge will be opened in December this year.
Image Credit: india rail info
To know more about recent developments of Railways –
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information