Date of Post: 07 Oct, 2017
Guntur: The GMC (Guntur Municipal Corporation) has proposed to construct 3 RuBs (Rail-under-Bridges) & 2 RoBs (Road-over-Bridges) at railway crossing gates & lanes.
Construction of RuBs and RoBs :
- The GMC plans to construct the RuBs with an estimated cost of Rs 20 crore (approx US$ 3 Million) each at Sanjivayya Nagar & Nehru Nagar
- RuB at Arundelpet estimated to be around Rs 30 crore (approx US$ 4.5 Million).
- To construct the RoBs at Nandivelugu & Gaddipadu the estimated cost to be around Rs 50 crore (approx US$ 7.6 Million) & Rs 85 crore (approx US$ 13 Million), respectively.
- The GMC will take necessary steps for RoB works at Nandivelugu & Gaddipadu, after getting permission from the railway authorities.
- The State has agreed to construct the RoB at Arundelpet with cost of around Rs 175 crore (approx US$ 26.7 Million).
- The GMC is ready to start the RuB works at Sanjivayya Nagar in Guntur, with the grant of permission from the railways.
- The remaining 2 RuB works would be taken up after getting the clearance by the railway authorities.
- The Sanjivayya Nagar RuB works will be started immediately and notices were issued to acquire lands for Nehru Nagar RuB, GMC commissioner Ch Anuradha said.