On Thursday, the Haryana government gives green signal to the extension of metro rail from Narela in Delhi to Kundli in Sonipat district.
Further Information on the Delhi Metro Extension To Sonipat:
* The decision was taken at a meeting of the Haryana Cabinet under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar in Chandigarh.
* The project will be financed by way of grant by the State and the Central governments in the ratio of 80:20
* It will be implemented on the funding pattern adopted in the case of Gurugram, Faridabad and Bahadurgarh metro rail extension.
* The State will contribute INR 968.2 crore as its share in the project.
* The length of this extension is 4.86km with three stations —
– Narela Sector-5
* All the three stations will be elevated. The extension is proposed to be constructed from April 2018 to March 2022.
Revised funding pattern
Under the revised pattern, funds for metro rail projects being executed by DMRC in Haryana will be contributed by the State and its agencies in the ratio of 50% by the Haryana Infrastructure Development Board, 20% by Haryana Urban Development Authority, 18% by the State government and 12% by the Haryana State Industrial and Infrastructure Development Corporation, respectively.
To Find Rail Analysis on Facebook For latest opportunities, news, events and much more