Date of Post : 22 July, 2017
New Delhi: The government is working with global technology firms like Apple to help take Indian railways (IR) to the next level, Railway minister Suresh Prabhu said.
The Minister speaking at an event organised by industry chamber ASSOCHAM in New Delhi.
Government to Take Indian Railways to the Next Level
- The government had 6-8 months ago called major technology developers working on increasing train speeds to more than 600 kmph, Prabhu said.
- Technology will not only be imported in India but will be co- developed in India.
- The Minister added, safety was also an important concern and railways was planning to use self-propelled coaches that can detect rail fractures through ultrasonic technology.
People Also Viewed :
- 6 June, 2017 Railways To Save Rs 300 Crore a Year On Water Bill
- 28 July, 2017 Minister of Railways felicitates Indian Railways Women Cricketers of Indian Women Cricket Team
- 28 April, 2017 Prabhu tells why Indian Railways will never be privatised
- 4 September, 2017 India Welcomes The New Railway Minister – ‘Mr. Piyush Goyal’
- 3 September, 2017 Piyush Goyal is the New Railway Minister , Suresh Prabhu gets Commerce
- 11 July, 2017 IROAF Sets Gold Standards By Winning Eco Innovation Award
- 2 August, 2017 Suresh Prabhu & Devendra Fadnavis lays foundation stone to develop Cold Storage Warehouse for onion at Lasalgaon
- 18 July, 2017 Minister of Railways Inaugurates Sindhudurg leg of the Science Express
- 14 June, 2017 Railways to Sign an Agreement with Pharmaceuticals Department for outlets on rail premises
- 22 June, 2017 Ministry of Railways Observes The International Day of Yoga 2017