Date of Post: 10 Aug, 2018
New Delhi: The government has identified 6 routes connecting 4 major metros for feasibility studies for high speed rail. Minister of State for Railways Rajen Gohain said in a written reply to a question in Lok Sabha,”Government has identified six routes connecting four major metros and growth centres of the country for feasibility studies for high speed rail.”
- Gohain said that the feasibility studies have been taken up for the routes of –
- Delhi-Kolkata (via Lucknow)
- Delhi-Nagpur segment of Delhi-Chennai
- Mumbai-Nagpur segment of Mumbai-Kolkata
- The study for the Mumbai-Nagpur, Delhi-Nagpur and Chennai-Bangaluru-Mysuru routes have been taken up under Government to Government cooperation with the Governments of Spain, China and Germany respectively, he said.
- Currently, only Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail Project (MAHSR) has been sanctioned with the financial and technical assistance from Government of Japan, he also said.
Image Credit: Wikipedia