Date of Post: 21 Sep, 2017
Ghaziabad: The Uttar Pradesh cabinet, chaired by CM Yogi Adityanath, approved the revised DPR (Detailed Project Report) & the funding pattern, which is to be shared by different UP agencies, for the 9.41 km long metro project in Ghaziabad. The decision was taken in a cabinet meeting held in Lucknow.
The revised DPR, estimating the cost of the project around Rs 2,210 crore (approx US$ 345.31 Million) was approved.
Officials Asked Agencies To Provide Funds For Metro Project
- Last week, in a state-level meeting held in Lucknow, officials had asked the agencies to provide funds for the metro project.
- The 9.41 km long metro rail extension is coming up on an elevated corridor from Dilshad Garden in Delhi to New Bus Stand in Ghaziabad.
Funding Pattern & Funds Sharing :
- The cabinet also approved the funding pattern & funds sharing for the project.
- The funding pattern was already decided at the state level & state agencies were to share the cost of the project.
- The approval of the revised DPR will now pave the way for a grant of Rs 402.4 crore (approx US$ 62.8 Million) from the Government of India.
- The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) will provide Rs 328 crore (approx US$ 51.2 Million) for the project.
- The Ghaziabad Development Authority (GDA) will pitch in Rs 695.8 crore (approx US$ 108.7 Million).
- The Ghaziabad municipal corporation will contribute Rs 246.35 crore (approx US$ 38.4 Million).
- UP Avas Vikas Parishad expected to contribute Rs 440.45 crore (approx US$ 68.8 Million).
- UP state industrial development corporation expected to contribute Rs 97 crore (approx US$ 15 Million).