Date Of Post: 06 Feb, 2018
Ghaziabad: The GDA (Ghaziabad Development Authority) has given an NOC (No-Objection Certificate) to the NCRTC (National Capital Region Transport Corporation) to develop 6 stations under the RRTS project in the Ghaziabad. Ishtiaq Ahmed, GDA’s chief architect & town planner, said,”We have given an NOC to NCRTC for developing RRTS stations at six spots — near Sahibabad Industrial area, Guldhar, Duhai, Muradnagar, Modinagar North and Modinagar South.”
- For the 7th station at Meerut tri-section, the Authority has asked NCRTC to seek a clearance from DMRC (Delhi Metro Rail Corporation).
- The clearance from DMRC was required because it was already developing a metro station at Meerut tri-section on the Dilshad Garden-New Bus Stand route, a GDA official said.
- Ahmed said,”As for the Meerut tri-section station, NCRTC will have to talk to DMRC as the latter is already developing a metro station at the same spot. It is between them to arrive at a consensus.”
- The metro station at Meerut tri-section is supposed to be integrated with the RRTS station and serve as a major transit point, according to the initial plan.
- The 90km Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut Rapid Rail Transit Corridor will have 17 stations, which include 2 in Delhi, 7 in Ghaziabad & the remaining in Meerut.
Image Credit: UITP India