Date Of Post: 28 Mar, 2018
Mathura: The Gatimaan Express, which plies between the Nizamuddin and the Agra Cantt railway stations, will now go up to Jhansi from April 1, a North Central Railway official said. Divisional Commercial Manager (Agra) and PRO Sanchit Tyagi said,”While it would be an added advantage for international and domestic tourists, it would boost the economic viability of the train.”
- The move came following demands from tourists for extension of the trains route up to Jhansi, he said.
- He said, the run of the Gatimaan was extended up to Gwalior on Feb 19, 2018.
- The train would run at 160 kmph between Nizamuddin & Agra Cantt and at 130 kmph between Agra Cantt & Jhansi, he added.
- The run up to Jhansi would be successful and financially viable, and would commence from April 1, Tyagi said.
- He said, while the 12050 Gatimaan would start from Agra Cantt at 0955 hrs and reach Gwalior at 1116 hrs and Jhansi at 1235 hrs, in its return journey, the 12049 Gatimaan would start from Jhansi at 1505 hrs, reach Gwalior at 1605 hrs and Agra Cantt railway station at 1745 hrs.
- The stoppage time at Gwalior station on both legs of the journey would be of 2 minutes, he added.
- Tyagi said, the to and fro timings of 12050/12049 Gatimaan between Agra Cantt & Nizamuddin railway stations would remain unchanged