Date of Post: 07 Jan, 2019
French National Railways (SNCF) Chairman Guillaume Pepy, along with his team called on NVS Reddy, Managing Director, HMRL at Metro Rail Bhavan in Hyderabad on 05.01.2019. The SNCF group has 5 major Rail companies including Systra and Keolis and it has a worldwide footprint, apart from running the French Railways.
— Hyderabad Metro Rail (@hmrgov) January 5, 2019
- Exchanging their mutual experiences and innovative practices of both HMRL and SNCF, the two Rail Heads discussed on the possible areas of mutual cooperation.
- During the meeting, Reddy explained the unique features of Hyderabad Metro which is the world’s largest Metro Rail project in PPP mode and the innovations made by it in station design, it’s construction challenges and financial innovation.
- Reddy also shared Telangana government’s vision for development of Hyderabad as a global city and Hyderabad Metro Rail phase-2 expansion plans.
- Pepy stated that Hyderabad Metro is one of the best Metros in the world and that its performance indices are far superior to those of most other Metros.
- Keolis is operating several Metro Rail, Light Rail, Tram-way and Bus systems in different cities across the globe.
- Pepy highlighted that Hyderabad Metro stood number one among them in a recent survey in terms of punctuality , passenger satisfaction and operational performance etc.
- Impressed by the visionary approach of using Hyderabad Metro as an important instrument to improve the street-scape and pedestrian facilities in the city and the tact with which the construction hurdles were successfully tackled, Pepy requested Reddy to visit their headquarters and facilities in France, address senior SNCF officials there and share the Hyderabad Metro success story with them.
Image Credit: HMRL
To know more about recent developments of Hyderabad Metro –
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .