JAIPUR: French firm, EGIS Rail has been selected to review the DPR (Detailed Project Report) of Jaipur Metro phase-II proposed between Ambabari – Sitapura.
The appointed international firm after a survey will recommend methods to JMRC (Jaipur Metro Rail Corporation) to revise the cost of the project.
Also, It will update the alignment, technology & various other aspects in the existing DPR.
- EGIS Rail, France is the lead firm, an official said.
- It has join hands with Egis India Consulting Engineers Private Limited (India) & Feedback Infra Private Limited (India) to review the DPR.
- “The firm has been selected and appointed letter will be issued after receiving a nod from Asian Development Bank (ADB) which will fund the project,” a senior official source informed.
- The estimated cost to review the Detailed Project Report is Rs 6 crore & the firm will submit its report in 6 months.
- The Jaipur Metro prepared its first DPR in 2012.
- The government intended to link phase-II with the Sanganer airport & other important government buildings on the route after they were missed in the initial DPR.
- Following this, the DMRC (Delhi Metro Rail Corporation) submitted its revised DPR in 2014 & proposed an underground Metro station at airport near terminal-2.
- In this proposal, it was mentioned that the train will run underground up to Jawahar Circle after which elevated tracks will be constructed up to Sindhi Camp bus stand.
- The elevated tracks will cross the bus stand & underground corridor will be constructed after that till Panipech via collectorate.
- In the 2014 DPR, the DMRC had proposed 10 kilometer underground & 14-kilometer elevated corridor.
- This has increased the cost of the project as DMRC estimated nearly Rs 10,000 crore (approx US$ 1562.5 Million) to construct nearly 24km corridor.
- The JMRC has proposed to reduce the cost of the project, official sources said.
To Find Rail Analysis on Facebook For latest opportunities, news, events and much more