Date Of Post: 13 Jan, 2018
Jaipur: The freight transport in north- western region of the Railways rose by 26.03% in the current financial year, a railway official said. A statement said, Goods including fertilisers, cement, lime stone, clinker & containers are majorly transported by the North-Western Railways (NWR).
- NWR chief spokesperson Tarun Jain said in a statement that a total of 15.4 million tonne of freight was transported till Dec 2017, which is 26.03% more than 12.23 million tonne of freight transported last year during the same period.
- He added, the freight transport was 12.1% more than the target of 13.75 million tonne set by the railway board.
- It was the highest growth rate in the Indian Railways, according to Jain.
- Growth in fertilizers rose by 63.02%, while the clinker transport witnessed a growth of 44.54%.
- In comparison to the last year, a growth of 50.68% & 18% was witnessed in containers and other goods transportation respectively.
Image Credit: Nikhilb239 – Wikimedia Commons