Date of Post: 31 Dec, 2018
Freight traffic from Gujarat ports will be shifted to dedicated freight corridor after September 2019, with the completion of works on the Dadri to Palanpur (Uttar Pradesh) stretch. Anurag Sachan, Managing Director of the DFCCIL said that the work on Madar (Ajmer) to Marwar junction (Pali) is scheduled to be completed by next year in March, and under the next phase, by September 2019, Palanpur (Gujarat) will be connected.
- Sachan said, “When the work till Palanpur will be completed by September 2019, freight from ports like Mundra will be shifted to the dedicated corridor and the entire traffic of ports will move through the corridor.”
- The work on the mega project having two – western & eastern – dedicated freight corridors is going on and 99% of land acquisition has been completed.
- After flagging off a trial train on Madar – New Rewari – Kishangarh Balawas (Haryana) stretch, he said,”The project running in 3,300 km and passing through 9 states and 64 district had a big issue of land acquisition but 99% land has been acquired and we are moving on the right track. In order to push the work, we are completing different sections in phase manner.”
- After the commissioning of the project by 2020, nearly 400 Metric Ton of the goods will move through the corridor which will reduce the time of transportation and enhance the punctuality of passenger trains as the goods train will run on the dedicated lines.
- Not only the Railway’s goods trains, the private operators would also be allowed to operate their rolling stock on the paths in the dedicated freight corridor, he said.
- The trial train ran on 306 kilometer long section in the 1st phase of the western corridor.
- This section is provided with 9 latest built freight stations consisting of 6 crossing stations and 3 Junction stations.
- Earlier, DFCCIL had completed the 194 Kilometer section from Bhadan to Khurja (Uttar Pradesh) of the EDFC (Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor) in november.
To know more about recent developments of Railways –
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .