Date of Post: 05 Jan, 2019
Railway Minister Piyush Goyal asked the officials to provide free Wi-Fi at 2000 railway stations as soon as possible. As per the latest data, as many as 723 Railway stations have been provided with free public Wi-Fi.
- In a high-level review meeting with the entire Railway Board, all General Managers of Zonal Railways and Divisional Railway Managers, Goyal gave directions for the roadmap of forthcoming January-March 2019 quarter asking officials to work towards completion of the goals as soon as possible.
- Mentioning that the 723 Railway stations provided with wi-fi have proved very useful to the public, the minister directed that such wi-fi facility should be provided in at least 2000 Railway stations across the country in the near future and all stations ultimately.
- Division Railway Managers will be suitably awarded for early completion of wi-fi works at stations, he said.
- The Minister emphasizes on timely delivery and vigorous monitoring of Railway projects and activities.
- The ministry said in a statement”The deliberations covered subjects pertaining to safety, passenger services, passenger amenities, revenue generation, infrastructure development, staff welfare and transparency at all levels of functioning.”
To know more about recent developments of Railways –
03 Jan, 2019: Initiatives for Railway Safety
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .