Date of Post: 06 Nov, 2018
Vadodara: Hon’ble Speaker of Gujarat assembly Rajendra Trivedi, on Monday, laid the foundation stone for re-development of Vadodara railway station. MP Ranjan Bhatt, MLA Jitendra Sukhadia, DRM Devender Kumar and others railway officials were present.
- As part of providing better facilities to the passengers, the Vadodara railway station is going through major redevelopment.
- The station redevelopment project, estimated to cost around Rs 17.50 crore, is being undertaken by the Vadodara division of the Western Railway.
- The project shall be carried out in two phases.
- The station redevelopment work include-
- Upgradation of Facade
- Providing covered pathway for movement of passengers from entry gate to concourse and nominated parking place
- Beautification of entry & exit gates
- Development of information gallery for passengers information
- Provision of divyang friendly facilities
- Providing aesthetic and elegant look by granite flooring
- False ceiling in concourse and platform area
- Renovation of waiting hall
- Improvement of toilets
- Exclusive food court adjoining waiting rooms
- Display of famous local arts of Vadodara and selfie points
After the redevelopment, the visit to the Vadodara railway station will be a memorable experience of the passengers.
Image Credit: DRM Vadodara
To know more about recent developments of Railways-
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information