Date of Post: 19 Dec, 2018
Mumbai: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday laid the foundation stone for Metro rail projects in Mumbai and Pune in Maharashtra. The metro projects include the Thane-Bhiwandi-Kalyan stretch (Metro-5), the Dahisar-Mira-Bhayander line (Metro-9) in Mumbai and the 3rd Metro line between Hinjewadi and Shivajinagar in Pune.
- PM Modi reached Mumbai, where he laid the foundation stone for the Thane-Bhiwandi-Kalyan metro-5 and Dahisar-Mira Bhayander metro-9 at Kalyan in adjoining Thane district.
- Later the PM proceed to Pune, where he laid the foundation stone for the Pune Metro’s 3rd Metro line between Hinjewadi and Shivajinagar, being implemented by the PMRDA (Pune Metropolitan Region Development Authority) on a PPP (Public-Private Partnership) basis.
- The 24.9-km long Metro-5 corridor will be built at an estimated cost of Rs 8,416 crore.
- The Metro-5 corridor will have 17 stations.
- It is expected to carry 2.29 lakh commuters daily in 2021.
- The 10.3km Metro-9 corridor is to be built at an estimated cost of Rs 6,607 crore.
- The elevated Metro 9 corridor, comprising 8 stations, was expected to be completed by 2022.
- As per the proposal, Metro-9 will be integrated with Metro-7 (Dahisar to Andheri) and Metro-2A (Dahisar -DN Road) along with the proposed Rs 3,600-crore Gaimukh-Shivaji Chowk (Mira Road or Metro-10).
- The tendering process to appoint general consultants and contractors for civil works for Metro 9 is in progress, and is expected to commence from next March.
Pune Metro’s 3rd line
- The Rs 8,313-crore 23-km long 3rd metro line in Pune between Hinjewadi and Shivajinagar will connect the busy information technology part with Shivajinagar, where the other two metro lines will also join.
- The PMRDA is developing the 23.4-km line with 23 stations between Hinjewadi to Shivajinagar.
- The project will be jointly executed by Tata Realty Infra and Siemens.
To know more about recent developments of Mumbai Metro –
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .