Date of Post: 27 Sep, 2018
Hyderabad: Union minister Rajen Gohain on Wednesday laid the foundation stone for the 202 km long 3rd railway Line in the Kazipet-Kondapalli Section, which connects Vijayawada in a similar manner. The estimated cost of the project is over Rs 1,600 crore.
Gohain also inaugurated the 3rd Railway Line in Manchiryal-Peddampet Section via remote link.
- The other works include laying foundation stone for facilities, including new Foot Over Bridges, extension of Foot Over Bridges, lifts and escalators at different railway stations in the state.
- On the occasion, Gohain flagged off the inaugural service of Karimnagar-LTT (Mumbai) Weekly Express (extended from Nizamabad to Karimnagar) via remote link.
- In Telangana, special emphasis has been laid on completing long pending projects to strengthen the infrastructure, Gohain said.
- He was speaking after initiating a host of rail development works in Telangana from the Secunderabad railway station.
- Rs 1,813 crore has been allocated for rail development in Telangana in the 2018-19 budget, which is eight times higher than the allocations in 2014-15, he said.
- He assured that the ongoing MMTS (Multi Modal Transport System) Phase-II project would get due attention.
- BJP MP and former Union Minister Bandaru Dattatreya requested that work on the MMTS Phase 2 be expedited.
- The state government should make its contribution for the project, he also said.
To know more about recent developments of Railways-
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .