Date Of Post: 25 Jan, 2018
New Delhi: Promising a major technological & modernisation upgrade at railways, Union Railway Minister Sh. Piyush Goyal has said there are plans to equip the entire railway network with Wi-Fi & CCTV system and foreign investors are welcome to participate in this growth story.
Scope For Innovations In Railways-
- There is a huge scope for innovations in railways including in signalling systems for which latest technologies of the world are being brought in, Goyal, who is in Davos to attend the World Economic Forum annual meeting, said.
- Goyal said on the sidelines of the WEF,”Currently age old systems are there which even cause safety issues. We are working on a major upgrade for them.”
- He said,”We will also consider putting in place WiFi and CCTV networks for entire rail network to make Indian railways at par with the best in the world in terms of safety as well as public convenience.”
- The government wants to make the track safety systems very robust with the use of technology and it has already started the bullet train project, Goyal said.
- He said,”The first has been launched and we want to put in place a web of bullet trains across the country. There are programmes on tables for dedicated freight corridors and you can expect huge changes in railways space in coming future. A lot of programmes are on table.”
- Railways is also inviting foreign investors, Goyal said.
- Goyal said,”The kind of huge orders we talking about for various modernisation and technology upgrade projects, Im sure everyone would like to participate. Two factories are being already set up in Bihar.”
Image Credit: Piyush Goyal – Twitter