Date of Post: 19 Nov, 2018
New Delhi: The first trial run of indigenously developed engineless train, the “Train 18” was successfully conducted on tracks at Moradabad-Rampur section of Northern Railways on Sunday morning. During the trial run, the train was made to run at different speeds and its breaking was also checked.
Image Credit: Northern Railway
- “Train 18” was first scheduled to set-in-motion on Moradabad-Bareilly section for the first trial.
- However, due to some blockade on the stretch, the authorities took the decision to change the trial track at the eleventh hour.
- The train was made to run at 3 different speeds of 30 kmph, 50 kmph and 60 Kmph respectively, according to Railways.
- The maximum speed of the “Train 18” is 220 Kmph.
- Assistant Operations Manager (AOM), Coaching, DP Singh said,”The train was tested at different speeds during the trial run. An eye was also kept on the functioning of its breaks apart from other parameters over which the train was tested.”
- During its trial run members of various dedicated teams were present.
- RDSO (Research Design and Standards Organisation) also created a working desk inside the train to keep a vigil on train speed, jerking and other features, according to officials.
- “Train 18” comprised of as many as 16 coaches including the driving coach with around 44 seats and 78 seats installed in trailer coaches.
Image Credit: ICF
- Moreover, CCTV cameras on both the sides of driving cab have been installed in order to help the driver to monitor the movement of passengers on the platform before closing the doors and hitting the tracks.
To know more about recent developments of Railways–
13 Nov, 2018: Railways to Refurbish 2,000 Old Coaches by 2018-end
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information