Date of Post: 1 Febuary, 2019
The first trial run of the Ahmedabad Metro rail was conducted on Thursday by GMRC (Gujarat Metro Rail Corporation). Commercial operations will start from March 2019, GMRC announced. The government plans to start operations of the metro rail on 6.5 kilometer route from March.
- The 6.5 kilometer route is a part of the first phase from Vastral in the city to Apparel Park.
- The metro rail will be operations in two phases initially:
- Phase-1 is from Vastral to Thaltej Gam
- Phase-2 is from Gyaspur Depot to Motera stadium.
- A statement said, “The first test of the train was successfully carried out on the test track of 900 meters at Apparel Park.”
- It said, “The first train-set of Ahmedabad Metro had arrived at Apparel Park Depot on January 1, 2019 and was undergoing technical examination, safety checks and tests required for the regular run of the train.”
- The statement added, “The second train-set is expected to arrive on February 9, 2019 and statutory inspection by the Research Designs and Standards Organisation of Railways and Commissioner of Railway Safety is expected to be completed by early March.”
- It said, “Commercial operations of the metro will start after that.”
To know more about recent developments of Ahmedabad Metro –
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )